As a local expert, you know your community and the youth-serving superstars who deserve recognition. We want to hear all about them!
Nominations are being accepted now through Sept. 2, 2019, for the annual D. Susan Wisely Youth Worker of the Year Award, which recognizes extraordinary impact on Indiana’s youth. The award is named for D. Susan Wisely, previously of the Lilly Endowment, Inc., who during her time oversaw the development of numerous youth service-related programs, including the Lilly Fellows.
Ready to nominate an outstanding youth professional? The details and online nomination form are below.
The award recipient will be celebrated at the 2019 IYI KIDS COUNT Conference on Dec. 3-4, 2019.
In the spirit of supporting professional development, the award recipient will also receive:
- Free conference registration, hotel and travel for themselves and a guest to the 2019 IYI KIDS COUNT Conference
- A $2,000 professional development investment
This award is provided courtesy of the D. Susan Wisely Leadership Legacy Fund, part of the Central Indiana Community Foundation.
Nominees must be committed direct–service youth workers who have at least five years of distinctive achievement in service of Indiana youth. Nominees must be committed to:
- Demonstrating servant leadership
- Respecting differences and diversity, and believing in equal opportunities for us all
- Modeling leadership and professional growth
- Possessing integrity, being honest and responsible
- Demonstrating commitment to results and effective practice
Self-nominations are allowed.
- Please fill out the nomination form below by 5 p.m. Sept. 2, 2019.
- If a nominee is selected to move forward, they will be asked to share additional information, such as resume/CV, and respond to questions.
- We suggest nominators verify their nominee is available to attend the 2019 IYI KIDS COUNT Conference on Dec. 3-4, 2019, before submitting the form.
- Award finalists will be notified in mid-October.
Questions? Contact us at email@example.com.