Indiana Youth Institute (IYI) is pleased to offer public education foundations (PEFs) the opportunity to apply for quick grants that will advance the equitable educational attainment of students in the communities they serve. While IYI is committed to improving the lives of all Indiana youth, the below grant opportunities prioritize PEFs that largely serve youth who a) have been disproportionately impacted by COVID-19 and/or b) are experiencing equity gaps in college and career readiness, access and attainment, as documented in the Indiana Commission for Higher Education’s Indiana College Equity Report 2020, here.
PEF’s are invited to apply for one or more of the following grants:
- Family Engagement and Partnership Grant: Amount $2,500
Purpose is to expand the PEF’s capacity to engage families in the educational experiences and attainment of their students. Applicants may choose to focus on one or more strategy and are encouraged to consider how the proposed grant will engage families who are representative of students in the districts they serve.
- College and Career Readiness and Preparation Grant: Amount $2,500
Purpose is to expand the PEF’s capacity to improve college and career readiness or preparation indicators. The PEF may choose to focus on one or more indicator and is encouraged to consider the following high priority indicators for our state: 21st Century Scholar enrollment, FAFSA completion, points of transitions (e.g into high school or postsecondary), and enrollment in a postsecondary credential program (such as college or workforce training).
- Professional Development Grant: Amount $2,500
Purpose is to expand the PEF’s capacity to provide high quality professional development opportunities for educators that address COVID-19 related challenges by addressing gaps in professional knowledge and skills, needs in the educational environment, or well-being of students and staff.
Who is eligible to apply: Public education foundations located in Indiana are eligible to apply.
How to apply:
- Complete the online application linked, here.
- Application opens: March 9, 2021
- Application deadline: April 1, 2021 (5:00 p.m., EST)
- Notification of awards: April 15, 2021
- Disbursement of funds by: May 1, 2021
- Implementation window: May 1, 2021 – September 15, 2021
- Final report due: September 30, 2021 (5:00 p.m., EST)
For additional information, please visit our FAQs, available here.