Who can apply?
Any Indiana-based public education foundation with IRS 501(c)(3) designation.
Is our education foundation required to be an Indiana Association of Public Education Foundations (INAPEF) member to qualify?
No. The quick grants are open to all Indiana-based public education foundations.
Can our foundation apply for all three quick grants?
Yes. Foundations can apply for multiple quick grant opportunities. However, a separate application is required for each grant and funds available are limited.
If we are awarded a grant, when can we expect to receive the funds?
Grant funds will be distributed via ACH. Foundations who supply ACH information will receive grant funds electronically by May 1, 2021.
What is the timeframe the funding must be used?
Grant funds must be spent between May 1, 2021 and September 15, 2021.
What are the reporting requirements?
Grant recipients will be required to complete a report at the end of the grant period that is due no later September 30, 2021. The report format will be shared in the grantee’s award letter and will include questions related to the impact of the grant and outcomes related to accessing new resources and/or gaining new knowledge.
Are there additional grant requirements?
Grant recipients will be required to participate in a 30-minute virtual grant kickoff in May and a 60-minute field input session in June.
How do we apply for the quick grants?
Visit the IYI Website to complete the online application. Following submission of the application, required attachments should be emailed to quickgrant@IYI.org.
What are IYI’s priorities for the allocation of grants?
While IYI is committed to improving the lives of all Indiana youth, the quick grant opportunities prioritize PEFs that largely serve youth who a) have been disproportionately impacted by COVID-19 and/or b) are experiencing equity gaps in college and career readiness, access and attainment, as documented in the Indiana Commission for Higher Education’s Indiana College Equity Report 2020, here.
How can the grant funds be used?
Funds may not be used for:
- Any purpose that is exclusionary or restricts equal access to services/funds.
- No direct payments may be made to students, parents, guardians, or district personnel.
- Funds may not be used to award individual stipends or bonuses.
Funds may be used for:
- Examples of eligible expense categories:
- General operations: E.g. Planning efforts, training, contract labor
- Supplies and equipment: E.g. program materials, books, meeting expenses
- Technology: E.g. purchase of software, devices, and/or internet access
- Examples of eligible activities, tied to grant purpose:
- Family Engagement: E.g. Expenses related to increasing communication with families about resources, opportunities, or events for their students.
- College and Career: E.g. Expenses related to increasing 21st Century Scholar enrollment and/or FAFSA filing and completions.
- Professional Development: E.g. Expenses related to training educators or providing professional development opportunities for educators and school staff to address COVID-19 related challenges such as learning loss, social emotional competencies, mental health, and technology.
If I have a question, who should we contact?
Questions can be directed to Clint Kugler at quickgrant@IYI.org or 260-615-9463.