Indiana Youth Institute (IYI) is pleased to offer Boys and Girls Clubs (Clubs) the opportunity to apply for quick grants that will advance the equitable educational attainment of students in the communities they serve.
While IYI is committed to improving the lives of all Indiana youth, the below grant opportunities prioritize Clubs that largely serve youth who a) have been disproportionately impacted by COVID-19 and/or b) are experiencing equity gaps in college and career readiness, access, and attainment, as documented in the Indiana Commission for Higher Education’s Indiana College Equity Report 2020.
Clubs are invited to apply for College and Career Readiness and Preparation Grant: Amount $5,000
The purpose of these funds is to expand the Club’s capacity to improve college and career readiness or preparation indicators. Each Club may choose to focus on one or more indicator and is encouraged to consider the following high priority indicators for our state:
- 21st Century Scholar enrollment,
- FAFSA completion,
- Points of transitions (e.g. into high school or postsecondary), and
- Enrollment in a postsecondary credential program (such as college or workforce training).
Clubs may incorporate curriculum such Goals for Growth, Goals for Graduation, Virtual Job Shadow, Career Launch as part of their programming.
How to apply:
- Complete the online application linked, here.
- Application opens April 26, 2021
- Application deadline: May 17, 2021 (5:00 p.m., EST)
- Notification of awards: May 28, 2021
- Disbursement of funds: June 3, 2021
- Implementation window: June 3, 2021 – August 15, 2021
- Final report due: August 30, 2021 (5:00 p.m., EST)
For additional information, please visit our FAQs, available here.