Professional Development Grant
Investing in you so that you can invest in others.
As a partner in your professional development, we provide modest funding to Indiana’s youth serving professionals, enabling you to develop your professional practice to improve student success.
IYI Professional Development Grant
IYI’s Professional Development Grant program offers financial assistance for youth workers to access continuing education that they might not otherwise be able to attend. These funds are available to help promote the healthy development of children and youth by providing access to training and course work that IYI does not or cannot offer.
IYI’s Professional Development Grant may be used for conferences, trainings, workshops, or tuition reimbursement. Opportunities must be related to the applicant’s position and agency’s mission. The grant is intended to improve the applicant’s ability to do their job and the agency’s ability to serve and support children and youth.
Amount: Up to $750, maximum of two awards per organization per IYI fiscal year (July-June).
Applications will be accepted during the following three timeframes:
- September 16, 2020 – Applications Open | October 16, 2020 – Applications Close
- January 18, 2021 – Applications Open | February 19, 2021 – Applications Close
- April 5, 2021 – Applications Open | April 30, 2021 – Applications Close
Notice of the award will be given by the 15th of the following month
2020-2021 Guidelines & Application Form
IYI’s Professional Development Grant guidelines and application have been updated for the 2020-21 fiscal year. Please review the documents thoroughly to determine eligibility and application requirements.
- Guidelines & Application (DOC)
- Guidelines & Application (PDF)
- Professional Development Grant Scoring Rubric (for reference only)
Applicants need to submit a copy of their written professional development plan in a format of their choosing. If you don’t already have an established plan, consider the templates below.
- Direct Service Youth Work
- Indiana Professional Development Network Professional Development Plan (template is on p. 38)
Documents for Grant Recipients