Professional Education Grants
Investing in you so that you can invest in others.
As a partner in your professional development, we provide funding to Indiana’s youth serving professionals, enabling you to develop your professional practice to improve student success.
IYI Professional Development Grant (PDG)
IYI’s Professional Development Grant program offers financial assistance for youth workers to attend continuing education opportunities that will help them promote the healthy development of children and youth, with emphasis on training that IYI does not or cannot offer, and that the applicant might not otherwise be able to attend.
Grants may we be used to pay for registration fees and some travel costs associated with attending a conference, training or workshop that focus on nonprofit management or healthy youth development. Funds may not be used for IYI trainings or conferences, which are already offered at substantial discount.
Amount: Up to $750, max of two awards per organization per IYI fiscal year (July-June)
- Applications will be accepted monthly from July-November and January-May.
- No proposals will be considered in December or June.
- Apply by the 10th of the month to receive notice of the award by the 1st of the following month.
2018-2019 Guidelines & Application Form
IYI’s Professional Development Grant guidelines and application have been updated for the 2018-2019 fiscal year. Please review the documents thoroughly to determine eligibility and application requirements.
- Guidelines & Application (DOC)
- Guidelines & Application (PDF)
- Professional Development Grant Scoring Rubric (for reference only)
IYI requires applicants to submit a copy of their written professional development plan in a format of their choosing. If you don’t already have an established plan, consider the templates below.
- Direct Service Youth Work
- Indiana Professional Development Network Professional Development Plan (template is on p. 38)
Need help improving your application?
See our blog post “How can I afford to attend professional development opportunities if my workplace can’t pay?” for tips on how to write the best possible PDG application.
Documents for Grant Recipients