Overview of Job
We are looking for the next Library and Research Program Manager who:
- Has the passion and skills to help others access key information and knowledge.
- Believes in the power of working together to improve the lives of youth.
- Creates innovative ideas and solutions.
- Possesses great energy and optimism.
- Enjoys empowering others with critical resources and research.
- Manage and maintain library collections
- Provide reference and research assistance
- Prepare topic-specific guides and materials
- Oversees library budget management and related reporting
- Work on various projects when needed
Knowledge, Experience and Skill Required:
- Academic degree in library sciences preferred
- A strong interest and/or experience in youth development, youth issues and nonprofit management topics
- Database and Internet search experience and/or coursework, preferably in Lexis-Nexis, Dialog, and EBSCOhost
- Microsoft Office and local library system database expertise necessary
- Cataloging experience and/or coursework required
- Attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Position interacts with IYI staff, outside youth agencies and colleagues.
- Guidance and direction is provided by the Vice President of Data and Impact Solutions, as guided by the Institute’s mission and policies, and the President and CEO.
- The majority of work for this position is performed in a standard office environment.
- Some physical activity is required, lifting and moving of boxes and/or books.
- Position involves sitting, standing and computer work.
Compensation and Benefits:
Part-time, 15 – 20 hours per week, times are flexible, $15 – $20 per hour
Documents Needed to Apply:
Resume and Authentic Cover letter (Required)
Letter of Recommendation and Reference List (Optional)
Please forward documents to email@example.com to apply.Apply Now