Overview of Job
We are looking for a Data and Research Program Manager who:
- Is dedicated to improving the lives of Indiana’s youth.
- Believes in the power of coordinated impact and strength in partnership.
- Empowers others to access and use current data and best practices to act.
- Creates change by seeking bold and innovative solutions to issues.
- Is a humble, coachable life-long learner that embraces continuous improvement.
- Possesses great energy and optimism that can be used to inspire action.
The Data and Research Program Manager develops, supports, and informs existing and new policy initiatives related to Hoosier youth. We are seeking an experienced and team-oriented professional who can meaningfully communicate data-driven information and solutions to a wide range of audiences. This person has an ability to effectively manage multiple projects, be a resourceful partner, and build strong relationships with policy organizations, experts, and local stakeholders.
The Data and Research Program Manager will be responsible for conducting and synthesizing research, managing policy activities, speaking at various events, and developing products such as the KIDS COUNT Data Book and Spotlights. The ideal candidate has a high level of persistence, precision to detail, flexibility, and dedication to results.
The Manager must have outstanding written and verbal communication skills, experience in research, ability to collaborate with the IYI team, critical reasoning, strong project management skills, and ability to demonstrate a high degree of independence and initiative. The Manager works in coordination with others across the organization.
Bachelor’s degree in public policy, human services, or education plus experience in conducting data analysis using statistical software and implementing policy and/or advocacy work; experience or knowledge in fields such as youth development, child welfare, family services, health, and/or juvenile justice services preferred; Master’s degree preferred.
This position reports to the Vice President, Data and Research.
Compensation and benefits
This is a full-time, exempt position with a strong benefits package. Salary is competitive and commensurate with level of experience.
Documents needed to apply
- Required: Resume, cover letter, and two current work samples
- Optional: Letter of recommendation and reference list
Please send your application documents to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.Apply Now