Overview of Job
We are looking for the next Director of Strategic Engagement who:
- Is passionate about improving the lives of Indiana’s youth.
- Believes in the power of collaboration and strength in partnership.
- Enjoys telling a great story, engages with intentionality, and enjoys making the written appeal which gets results.
- Possesses great energy and optimism.
- Is a humble, coachable life-long learner that must be willing to embrace continuous improvement.
- Models discipline, professionalism, and intense curiosity.
The Director of Strategic Engagement is responsible for maintaining a blended portfolio with a primary focus on securing funding from private foundations and state and federal government sources. We are seeking a team-oriented and ambitious development professional who is passionate about uncovering new sources of funding. This person also has a strong dedication to improving the lives of young people through innovative and established fundraising best practices.
The Director of Strategic Engagement will be responsible for a large portion of our grants while also assisting with growing the corporate giving program. This person must be able to effectively lead the research, writing, reporting, and support of new and on-going grant contracts. The ideal candidate must have excellent writing, grant prospecting, organizational, negotiating, and interpersonal skills. This individual has a deep knowledge of moves management, can manage complex projects to completion, works around deadlines, and is donor-centric. Additionally, they have a high degree of dedication to process including overseeing the management and use of the strategic engagement database.
The Director, in partnership with the Vice President of Strategic Engagement and in collaboration with leadership, will identify funding needs, ensure timely deliverables, create strategies to obtain funding, and develop a case for support for each program. The ideal candidate assists in leading the department in the planning, development, implementation, and evaluation of a comprehensive and coordinated fundraising program, while also building and maximizing relationships. In addition, this candidate has experience identifying, cultivating, and stewarding strategic and mutually beneficial relationships with companies, foundations, and government agencies. This candidate must be methodical and fast-paced. Attention to detail, strong organization skills, and a relentless drive for results is essential.
- Minimum of five years’ professional experience in university or nonprofit fundraising.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred.
- This position reports to the Vice President of Strategic Engagement.
Compensation and Benefits
- This is a full time, exempt position with a strong benefits package.
Documents Needed to Apply
- Required: Resume and authentic cover letter
- Optional: Letter of recommendation and reference list
Please submit your application documents to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.Apply Now