School capacity grants
Indiana schools are invited to apply for a grant opportunity to improve their capacity to achieve equitable college and career readiness outcomes for all students.
This grant–funded project will provide no-cost consulting, cohort support, and IYI conference scholarships for up to eight districts total. If your school is looking for high-quality technical assistance, please complete the following application.
All Indiana school corporations and charter schools are eligible to apply. Up to four grants will be awarded for the first cohort, which will launch in January 2020.
Please click the headings below to learn more and apply.
Each grant recipient will receive the following:
Approximately 100 hours of coaching and technical assistance focused on strategic planning, program development, and/or school-community impact. The coaching and technical assistance may focus on advancing outcomes within the following areas and/or other areas the school identifies related to equitable college and career readiness:
- Expand the capacity of adults who serve youth
- Improve school climate and culture
- Teaching the whole student/ supporting social emotional health
- Strengthening academic outcomes
- Engage youth voice
- Engage family voice
- Engage the community/ strengthen school-community partnerships
An invitation to join peers from other participating schools in a community of practice focused on equitable college and career readiness. The community will convene periodically, with the vast majority taking place virtually.
Registration for two people to attend IYI’s KIDS COUNT Conference in Indianapolis on Dec. 1 – Dec. 2, 2020.
Process & deadline
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis, and those received by 5 p.m. EST on Jan. 15, 2020, will receive priority consideration.
Here are other key dates:
- Recipients will be notified within two weeks of their submission date.
- Technical assistance will take place between January 2020 and December 2020.
- The community of practice will convene between February 2020 and February 2021.
- The IYI KIDS COUNT Conference will occur Dec. 1 – Dec. 2, 2020.
All Indiana school corporations and charter schools are eligible to apply.
Applicants must demonstrate:
- Need for capacity building assistance with supporting data.
- Readiness to benefit from coaching and technical assistance.
- Commitment to work toward achieving more equitable college and career readiness outcomes for their students.
- Interest in strengthening one or more of the areas of focus outlined in the application.
Applicants must submit a complete application, including a signed statement of commitment.
To support you in the application process, we’d like to share the following tips and recommendations:
- The grant application is an online form.
- The form contains questions related to your school’s interest in this grant opportunity, including the areas you would like to focus on and impact you hope to achieve.
- Your entries onto the online form will not save if you close the browser window. We recommend you consider preparing your responses in a different program, and copy/paste into the fields.
- If information related to a question is unavailable or a question is not applicable to your school, please write in “N/A” into the field.
Ready to apply? Complete the online application.